Apps and Websites
Trusted apps and websites that are used for children’s learning at Stepney Park Primary.
Sites that are monitored by Staff
- Times Tables Rockstars (y3-6)
- Sumdog (Y1-6)
- Busy Things (Rec - Y2)
Other recommended sites
- Education City
- Purple Mash Maths Module
- BBC Bite Size
BBC Bitesize Science - videos/ games/ mini lessons
- To recap previous learnt topics
Busy Things: https://www.busythings.co.uk/play/
Education City - Learn Screens then a follow up task
Art and Design
- Art Galleries have their own websites that show items from their collections
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zyg4d2p KS1
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zn3rkqt KS2
- Purple Mash- painting, design, animation etc
- On ipads EYFS- Busy Things, Get Creative, Hello Crayon, Doodle Buddy
Design and Technology
World Geography Games
- A website w'retrieval' type quizzes on locational knowledge. Capital cities, oceans, rivers, mountain ranges etc. More appropriate for KS2.
Primary Games Arena
- This website has games aimed at both KS1 and KS2. For KS1 there's quite a few 'Barnaby Bear goes to...' stories with an activity / quiz after.
KS1 Education Quizzes
- This website has quizzes aimed entirely at the KS1 geography curriculum so lots on the British Isles, Landmarks, map reading skills - there's loads!
- Bit of an obvious one but the BBC website has a good amount of videos to support learning in KS1 & KS2. With lockdown they've also now created weekly lessons for each year group which has a specific learning focus with video clips and a quiz afterwards.
- This is a very teacher orientated resource but has loads of diagrams, photographs, maps & information sheets which can be used across a range of geography topics - volcanoes, weather, coasts...there will be something for every year group in there.
- Out of the Ark - 2 songs a week with activities Out Of The Ark Music
- Minute of Music - Teachers to sign up for a free account Minute of Listening: Home
- SingUp.org #FeelgoodFifteen, a free singing session on Tuesday mornings at 9am
- BBC Primary Music Ten Pieces Musical Menu
- Musical Video Game School,
- Purple Mash - Music and Sound Section
Physical Education (PE)
Personal Social Health and Economic Education
Religious Education (RE)
- Religious education (RE) resources - FREE, KS1, KS2, KS3. KS4
- The BBC’s clip bank is a major source for short RE films that can be accessed online and shown free: http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips
- The best gateway for RE sites is: RE: Online: Home
- You can find and use searchable sacred texts from many religions at: www.ishwar.com
- www.eastlondonmosque.co.uk The website of the East London mosque – has a good visual section.
BBC videos/ clips
Milestone 2 and 3
BBC videos/ clips
Specific areas of study
- Clip of what happens at Ramadan and Id‐ul‐Fitr https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z434wmn
- Christian baptism https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zm87tfr and www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/zr34wmn
- Call to prayer Search for ‘Call to Prayer’ on YouTube, there are lots of soulful examples, such as www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe8qRj12OhY
Spanish (Year 3-6)
BBC Bitesize Lockdown Learning
Includes games for revision, a focus on skills such as Definite and indefinite articles, pronunciation and punctuation as well as pages on topics such as Animals, Family and Pets.
There are some links to some songs and activities such as making a popular spanish snack. There are also pages to support children’s cultural awareness. Children can click on the pages and can explore Spanish speaking countries and cities.
Username: tower password: hamlets2014
Indicate specific tasks/games for pupils to complete eg ‘click on stories and scroll down to Ricitos de Oros (Goldilocks) and join in with the Spanish for…’ and link them to children’s learning in other subjects.
Go to Topics - Languages - Spanish
Early Years Apps
We use iPads. This is a selection of some of the websites and apps we use.
- Pearsons Bug Club (guided reading books set, phonics activities)
- Education City (phonics activities set to groups of children, maths activities)
- DFE Phonics videos
- Purple Mash
- Busy Things through LGfL
- Letter and number formation app - Cursive Writing Wizard
- Get Creative - CBeebies
- Hello Crayon
- Doodle buddy
- Nursery Rhyme app
- Kids Love Puzzle