Covid 19 Symptoms
Three main symptoms of Covid-19 are:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- or a change or loss of sense of taste or smell.
As well as the these three main symptoms, if you experience any of the below, we advise you also book a PCR test. Many people who have recently tested positive for Covid-19 have also displayed some other symptoms, including:
- Runny or blocked nose
- Sore throat and/or hoarseness
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Flu-like symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Muscle ache or pain
- Persistent headache.
If you have these or other covid symptoms, it is recommended you take a precautionary PCR test, and if that test result is positive you will then need to isolate for 10 days.
If you have symptoms
Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 (detailed above) should book a test online through the national system or call 119. Tower Hamlets residents will be offered an appointment at the closest testing site to them. In Tower Hamlets sites are:
- Idea Store Watney Market, 260 Commercial Street, E1 2FB - 8am to 6pm
- Jack Dash House, 2 Lawn House Close, E14 9YQ - 8am to 6pm
- 1 Ewart Place, Roman Road, Bow, London, E3 5EQ - 8am to 6pm
Appointments at all these sites are available through the national system.
Tower Hamlets have lots of clear information for getting test kits and going to test centres on their website here
You can visit the government website for further information.